April 19, 2012

MY FIRST STAMP!


Carved Stamp
When I got my tools for carving and the carving block... I draw this cute cupcake and start carving right away. It was 11 pm but I was sooo excited that I carved it in one hour, stamped it and make a set of 4 cards with envelopes at the same time! THAT'S WHY THIS PICTURES ARE SO DARK, but need to share this with everyone, so here is how I did it.


1. DRAW YOUR DESIGN
I decided to make a cupcake.
Cupcake, original design.



2. TRANSFER YOUR DESIGN
I place my draw facing the carving block, rub the back with a bone folder (you can use whatever you have in hand). Make sure to lift it from a corner to check if transfer completely.

 
Original design Nicole Stagg
3. CUT AND CARVE

I cut around the design and start carving. It seems it's easier if you start with the smallest parts first.

Original design Nicole Stagg
4. STAMP AND CREATE
I test my stamp, and keep on carving on the sides, because when you press down the stamp, sometimes the borders aren't shallow enough. (as you can see below on the stamp, borders are black)




This mini cards are made with my new cupcake stamp, colored with copic markers and with gloss details in icing, cheeks and eyes.

Hope this inspires you to make your own stamps!!!!
If you want more inspiration you can visit Ishtar Olivera's blog where you can find all her amazing craved stamps and ideas.


Unknown Web Developer

Morbi aliquam fringilla nisl. Pellentesque eleifend condimentum tellus, vel vulputate tortor malesuada sit amet. Aliquam vel vestibulum metus. Aenean ut mi aucto.

No comments:

Ads Inside Post