May 30, 2012

Organizing Embroidery Floss





Cardboard, ruler, scissors, plastic container, thread, pen

Last year I bought a book that I love about embroidery. Since then, every time I go shopping I bought embroidery floss. It's an obsession. I have a lot, but like the picture below, not so organized. I used to have it on a plastic bag, then tried to wrap it on cardboard... but had no where to store it.

About two weeks ago I bought 3 large plastic containers for sewing, jewelry and cardmaking / scrapbooking and I found out this cute little plastic containers and I knew this was the solution. I took out the plastic dividers and used it as template for my cardboard. Then I wrapped the floss on the cardboard leaving a border on both sides so I can pick it up and also to write the color number.
Wrap neatly and insert the final tail under the floss

I know, it took me forever... I'm a freak and everything needs to be perfect. You don't have to do it like this, but I think it looks better and also fit better, because is evenly distributed. Also I think is a good idea to separate the boxes by color and shade. That's my personal taste, but if you think it's better by brightness or by project that's fine too. I will take some pictures when I'm done tomorrow (hopefully). Will update this post in a few days.

Remember to sign up for the newsletter!
Unknown Web Developer

Morbi aliquam fringilla nisl. Pellentesque eleifend condimentum tellus, vel vulputate tortor malesuada sit amet. Aliquam vel vestibulum metus. Aenean ut mi aucto.

No comments:

Ads Inside Post